Thursday, July 12, 2007

Blogging in Rochester

I'm currently in Rochester NY, on my way to Geneva NY for the ITU Musselman Continental Cup this Saturday afternoon. I flew in this morning, and my former St John's teammate Greg Danner picked me up from the airport. I'm relaxing at his place while he's at work, and he's been kind enough to give me a lift to Geneva later on tonite.

This past week has been the usual race week type of training. Monday was a 4500m swim workout, and a legs off day. I took the opportunity to drop my bike off at Fort Street for a tune up before leaving for the race this weekend. Tuesday was a race prep swim workout, main set 2 X (3 X 200, 3 X 50, 150 ez), and a 60 spin on the bike. Wednesday was an open water swim at Thetis, followed by a 90' neg split ride, with a 30' run off of the bike. Pack the bike, and head on up to the airport for my flight later that evening to Rochester (via Vancouver and Toronto).

The course for the race looks fairly interesting, I'll have more to report after the pre-race meeting Friday afternoon.

No comments: