Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mid Week Training....

Wednesday morning's swim was a tough one.

10 x 200 w. 15" rest as the warm-up with #'s 4 and 8 being fast ones.
28 x 100 as 7 x (1:30, 1:25, 1:20, 1:15). The 1:15 interval was a tough one for the first five times through, until I finally came around a bit and swam a bit faster on the last two rounds.

A run was the other workout for the day, 50' on the treadmill, with the main effort being 10 x 1' "on" 1' "off". The legs were a tad stiff today, most likely from the long ride yesterday.

Thursday morning was an ez 3km swim, 1000 SKIDS, 100 Pull, 1000 SKIDS.
I rode the waterfront loop plus a bit more for my 2hr ride, and had a 40' ez run to finish off the day.

The tail end of this week is a bit easier workout wise, as I'm going to be racing the Times Colonist 10km on Sunday. I'm looking forward to running, hopefully it's not as windy as it was today!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just checking out your blog. I like that you post your workouts.

What does SKIDS stand for?

Daniel Wells said...

Hi Bob...SKIDS is short form for a set we do in the pool.

Swim
Kick
IM
Drill
Swim