Monday, June 16, 2008

It's been a busy past couple of weeks. All the excitement of Worlds in Vancouver has come and gone, and it's back to business on all fronts. I had a good week of training, as the weather has finally co-operated a little bit! Good open water swim yesterday at Thetis, and a solid ride with Simon, Colin, and Jordan who managed to spit me out the back on some of the climbs. Fun fun.

This weekend brings about my second race of the year, the New Balance Half Ironman at Elk Lake in Victoria. It's a sold out field of over 600 athletes, going off in two different waves. I rode two loops of the bike course last week, and it's a tough one! This won't be an easy half Ironman by any means. The run is two laps around Elk lake for a total of 20km. It's nice having the race in your backyard, as we do lots of runs on the trail at Elk Lake, and ride regularly on parts of the bike course.

Stelmach and I, having a brew after his race.

In Vancouver, I was able to hook up with a couple people I hadn't seen in a long time. Mike Stelmach and I used to swim and race tri's against each other back in the day (I think it was a Wednesday) and Kurt Hartmier and I used to run with the same track coach in high school. Kurt was there working for Racer Mate (computrainer) and Mike was there racing the Sprint race.

I also got a photo with 2004 and 2008 Estonian Olympian Marco Albert. I'm still working on getting my Estonian citizenship, so I will have dual Canadian-Estonian citizenship which will make for easy traveling through Europe.

Marco and I

2 comments:

Reinhold said...

Hi dano
good to see you back to Training
Please can you give me a Basis week
for that what you train for the HIM races

Good Luck Reinhold

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND DANO!
Kick some serious ass.

See you sooooon!